Following the success of our initial Second Dreaming Kickstarter Project, we continued our fundraiser through Catnip Studios due to popular request for a way to contribute through PayPal, and have raised a total of 170,000 dollars to fund the long overdue upgrade and makeover of Furcadia. We couldn't do it without all of you! Thank you for your generous support in funding, volunteering, and supporting our wonderful community and game development. We have accomplished a great deal over the last nine months and are looking forward to more fantastic and innovative features!
We want to take it a step farther, though, with the Dark Dreaming, the other side of the Second Dreaming! We are determined to make the full 32-bit Windows client a reality! This fundraiser is to take us from where we are now all the way up to the 250k funding goal so that we can finish the 32-bit Windows client along with all the other fun stuff we are working on now. Not only will you be making your Furcadia experience better, but also you will get a ton of really nice new rewards to choose from. Watch this page, as well, to see what bonus treasure you can earn along the way as we make higher and higher goals!
$250,000 - Super Super Awesome Bonus Level
Getting this level of funding would be like a dream come true for us at DEP, Catnip and the whole community. We will all celebrate our accomplishments together!
- We will release a full 32-bit client for Windows, with translucency.
- New layout & user interface for Windows, with animations, a hot bar, custom butlers and more customization options.
- A new Pounce and whisper window interface that looks and works better.
- Redo ALL of the default patch art in full 32-bit and fix up some of the older Digos.
- Dream owners will be able to set zoom level for their dream!
- Hangouts list to find popular dreams to visit and explore.
- New Allegria Island dream!
On our path to reach our goal, we will add Extra Treasures to sweeten the deal, as we reach higher levels. These will be added to or changed a bit, but this gives you an idea.
- 250k Level: Game wide Celebration Day and a week of Free Digo Day!
- 240k Level: Graffiti Tagger and below (Direhound, Fearless Explorer, Test Subject, Banshee) will all receive 6 months of the Tygard avatar. Eternal Direhound and above all receive a year of the Tygard avatar! Plus another votable feature.
- 230k Level: DireHound gets a fireball animation to ride on like the AngelCats got the clouds. Graffiti Tagger and below (Direhound, Fearless Explorer, Test Subject, Banshee) will all receive 1 GD. Eternal Direhound and above all receive 3GD!
- 220k Level: Graffiti Tagger and below (Direhound, Fearless Explorer, Test Subject, Banshee) will all receive a 6 month Chinchilla avatar. Eternal Direhound and above all receive a year long chinchilla avatar! Plus another votable avatar.
- 210k Level: Graffiti Tagger and below (Direhound, Fearless Explorer, Test Subject, Banshee) will all receive 5SD and 6 Brews. Eternal Direhound and above all receive 1GD, and 12 Brews. Plus another votable feature.
- 200k Level: Graffiti Tagger and below (Direhound, Fearless Explorer, Test Subject, Banshee) will all receive 5SD and 6 Kisses. Eternal Direhound and above will all receive 3GD, a 1 year Floxen and 6 Kisses. Plus another votable avatar.
- 190k Level: We made new Seasonal Edible Desctags: Eggnog, Holiday crackers, and Fruitcake for you to have for free! Plus another votable feature.
- 180k Level: Candy Bucket Desctags to share with all of your friends. Plus another votable avatar.
$150,000 Deluxe Bonus Level
- At this level we add the Mana System we've wanted to put in for years. It's an "attention economy", which will let players earn mana to do fun things with. This can be obtained in a wide variety of ways, to give everyone a chance to get some to enjoy! Help us put a little more magic into the game.
- Also we'll add a way for artists to submit attachments for us to sell in the market. That means way more options for you to dress up your characters, and artists gain another way to earn some Golden DragonScales!
- We'll add one more Votable feature too!
$125,000 - Phone Home Level
- We make a new mobile client that will work for Android and iPhone, and get it on the App store. We will release it as a FREE app!
$100,000 - Super Bonus Level
- We will add one of our most requested features from the last 15 years - more color choices for your avatar!
- New theme-park version of the Challenges Dream -- with mini-games, puzzles and rides!
- We'll make a web page that shows all the latest opt-in portrait uploads, so you can browse some of the cool new art people are uploading every day.
- We will also make a web page for the latest user-submitted Furcadia screenshots. This will be a great place to spot new Dreams & new patches!
- You now get TWO more features from the votable features list!
$90,000 - Creators Tools Level 1
- Web client gets live Dream editing!
- Downloadable Skin editor gets ability to customize the web client's look and layout.
- Ability to edit your character directly in the web client.
$85,000 - Groupie Level
- Group Packages get their own chat channels, public or private, and custom desctags you create for your group members.
$80,000 - Web Community Package Level
- Customizable "My Furcadia" personal page.
- Additional web page for each of your characters.
- Customizable page for your Group or Guild.
- Basic version of the F.L.U.F.F friend finder.
- Howl social network - share your portraits, adventures, funny experiences, etc.
- Post your howls to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and more.
$70,000 - Growing Attached Level
- We add an "attachment" system for both Windows and Web clients, so you can mix & match avatar pieces like tails, wings, hats, masks, and more. This will let you wear your wings on your Noble & Ferian avatars!
$60,000 - Dream A Little Dream Level
- We add a totally new version of the Furrabian Nights Dream, with elaborate & exotic new artwork, and a brand new 32-bit lighting layer! This new lighting system will be added into both the Windows client and the new Web client!
$56,000 - Our Base Funding Level
- A web-based version of the game, running on Facebook, furcadia.com, and other sites. No downloads or installs required!
- Faster and more reliable Dream downloads for Windows.
- Full 32-bit color support in the web client, with translucency.
- Improved layout with bigger map display & bigger art, plus an improved user interface, while still supporting all existing Dreams & content.
- Updated look & features for our website, and a new version of Digo Market.
Web-based character creation, plus new account system.
- Web version of our "Pounce" friends list.
- We will implement one brand new game feature YOU get to choose! All our backers get a vote from our feature list, and whatever wins, we'll make it!
- We'll add a new avatar chosen by the community as well! Backers vote on their favorites from our avatar list, and one of our staff artists will bring it to life!
This page, subsequent pages and all content therein, unless otherwise stated is copyright © Dragon's Eye Productions.